Job Description :
Far Eastern Group (FEG) is a major, diversified business conglomerate headquartered in Taipei with nine listed companies. Businesses span the petrochemicals, fiber, textiles, cement, specialty chemicals, retail, maritime transport, telecommunications, real estate, and financial services sectors. Healthcare and education are two community-focused activities of the Group.
Drive Catalyst is a Corporate Venture Capitalist (CVC) team with a Venture Capital platform to source investments into startups, emerging technologies, or “New Economy” companies that will drive new growth opportunities or innovate our existing traditional businesses.
We are searching for a highly motivated team player with strong financial and analytical skills in the Investment /Technology fields. You are intelligent, polished, articulated; you enjoy learning and sharing your knowledge with your team members and sharing your ideas, proposing processes and changes. You are passionate about startups and want to have a long-term career in the Venture Capital field.
Support senior members of the Catalyst team in all aspects from sourcing, executing, and managing deals:
- Source and find new startups’ deals in related emerging tech fields.
- Support the appraisal of investment proposals, including in-depth analyses of all aspects of business plans, financial and investment analysis, due diligence, financial modeling, and negotiation of legal agreements.
- Write investment reports and business proposals for new and follow-on investments, e.g., preparing documents and convening investment committee meetings.
- Actively participate in post-investment management, including, as required, the attendance of meetings with co-investors and companies where appropriate.
- Prepare (bi-)monthly newsletters and analyze industry reports to help the team be on top of the latest industry development.
- Assist in the marketing and promotion of the Drive Catalyst, e.g., by attending events and producing publicity materials.
Qualifications Expected :
- An MBA or Bachelor’s degree in business/tech-related field. Preference for candidates with computer science and engineering backgrounds.
- A minimum of two years of proven financial/investment experience.
- Professional fluency in English and Chinese.
- Work experience in investment management, investment banking, or consulting.
- An excellent commercial understanding of startups and venture capital strategy.
- A sound understanding of science and technology-led or enabled businesses.
- Experience in building and maintaining solid relationships with stakeholders and customers and developing external networks to mutual advantage.
- Ability to work collaboratively and flexibly as part of a team to achieve measurable results.
- Ability to communicate well with others with precision, flexibility, and open-mindedness.
- Proven integrity, ethics, and professionalism.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.